Rules of Cykelköket Jönköping
- We are a non-profit organization, run by volunteers, that wants to raise the profile of bicycling via re-use and repair of used bicycles.
- A one-year membership costs 100 sek and entitles the member to choose one bicycle per year to repair, and eventually bring home, once the requirements below are fulfilled;
- The bike needs to be repaired on at least two occasions since we want our members to show up more than once.
- The bike needs to be safe and follow the regulations regarding lights (front and back), reflectors (front, back and on the wheel), bicycle bell and functioning brakes.
- Always register that you are here on the excel file, so that we can note the number of visitors we have each time.
- Mark the paper on your bike with the current date – bikes that have not been attended to for several weeks, or no contact has been made about it to our volunteers, will be replaced among the non-occupied bikes.
- Parts can only be taken from the shelves. Don’t take parts from bikes that are to be repaired!
- Clean your working space and put all tools in order after each session.
- After the session place your bike among the other reserved bikes.
- Children below 15 years must wear a helmet according to law. For your own safety we encourage everyone to wear a helmet.
- A bike lock will keep your bike from being stolen, we suggest that everyone buy a lock before their bike leaves Cykelköket.
Finally, we want you to bike as much as possible and tell your friends and family to do so too. Welcome to Cykelköket Jönköping!